Monday, March 2, 2015

A little mixed media

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing with a little mixed media.  Hope you like it :)  I have used the new Dutch Doobadoo MDF Breadboard and decorated by making a vintage dress using Pion Design My Precious Daughter papers, love these colours.



  The 12x12 papers used are called Pansy PD4902 and Julia's Dress 12x12 PD4908 



I have used one of my favourite laces from Live and Love crafts, Lace Princess Grace.  The little diamante lace along the bottom of the dress is called Rhinestones Lace.

I used a selection of flowers, Rose 30mm, 20mm, 10mm and rose buds and also a country rose flower but I painted it black and then spritzed it.

I cut the new vintage flourish leaf using the Julia's Dress paper to match the colour scheme.


I added a prima key and you will notice in the centres of the structure paste flowers I have added pearl embellishments.


The butterfly is a resin butterfly with a flower added to the centre a a little paste and a splat of prima bloom spray.





And if that wasn't enough for you today I have a 6x6 canvas.

The image is actually a napkin "kissing children" which I have added using the mod podge antqiue finish.  Now this is the secret bit, don't tell Sandy but I painted all the flowers with black gesso.  Hehehe, o.k. so I could be sacked so this is our secret.  I have then spritzed them with prima bloom sprays, storm cloud, iris and white, a little gesso and some inka gold in silver.  

I added hearts to the right with structure paste and the hearts stencil, added crackle glaze and again some spritzing.


Hope you have enjoyed today's projects.

Hugs Tracy x

Follow Me on Pinterest



2 comments:

  1. Oooh, yes I do like both of them! That breadboard is totally gorgeous project! The dress is so beautiful and so lovely all the details. :D

    ReplyDelete