Saturday, January 12, 2013

White Like Snow...

Hi Everyone,
It's Sandy here with my Winter Wonderland Card. 
DT Member Elin and myself are both Northeners; she's from North Norway and I'm from North Sweden and if you ask us Northeners what we associate with winter, we've got one unanimous answer for you: SNOW!!!
So of course, for our Winter Wonderland theme week, I had to make a card in white:
 

The image is from Inkido's Vintage Angels sheet and the papers are from  Maja Design's "Vintage Summer Basics" collection. You'll find a complete list with products and links to them at the end of this post.
The newly arrived "Let it Snow" charm was ideal for this card, though I painted it white with "Picket Fence" Crackle Paint. I also dabbed Snow Tex here and there, and the snowflakes I first distressed with "Walnut Stain", then I covered them with Glossy Accents and dipped them in Twinklets Diamond Dust. Finally I attached Melissa Frances' Pearls to the centres.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!
Hugz,
Sandy




11 comments:

  1. Utroligt lækkert kort, man fornemmer "frostsneen" og hvide kort er bare så skønne. knus morkaren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy I love this, shabby chic perfection!!
    so pretty and I adore that frame!
    Love,melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely exquisite, Sandy... I love that your "white" card is so deliciously distressed with Walnut Stain - it give such definition to the beautiful doilys and lace edgings and of course those sensational snowflakes! It's all utterly lovely...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy sweetie this is absolutely stunning I cut this image out ealier this week, actually I cut a few from the sheet as I couldnt decide which to use first lol.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Sandy,
    das ist ein Traum in weiß. Wunderschön! Du hast diese Karte so liebevoll gestaltet, und ich muss sie immer wieder anschauen. Ich bin begeistert.
    Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende.
    Liebe Grüße
    Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Så snyggt verkligen shabby och vitt, vitt är så snyggt!
    /Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandy,my dear, this is gorgeous!!! I Love love love the fabulous layering and the beautiful details! Gorgeous flowers with diamond dust, and all the fab white embelishements♥♥♥ This card is def. one of my favorites by you! Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!!!! Dette er det flotteste jeg har sett på lenge. Et fantastisk kort!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy! ❤
    Oh my word sweetie!!
    This is so beautiful! I love the vintage image and all if those white lush details :) Stunning frame and the let it snow charm certainly fits this project like a glove!
    Soooo adorable!
    Hugs! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work... Gorgeous vintage image & design... The detail is amazing.. Love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete